Tuesday, July 7, 2015

And it begins...

Today I decided to begin my first attempt at this so called "crockpot yogurt".  As I am sitting here for the next 2 1/2 hours letting me milk sit in the crockpot that isn't even on, I am beginning to wonder how this really is gonna turn out...

Anyways, today I went to the store and bought a mixture of frozen fruit, live/active cultured yogurt, and a 1/2 gallon of whole milk.
I took my friend with and I swear she thought I was crazy! Everyone keeps saying, "whats the point in making it why not just buy it"...

When I re read the directions and realized how long this really does take, all I could think to my self is, "Thank god I have the next couple days off from work, to do nothing other than make sure dads house doesn't burn down..." Have I mentioned I am not the greatest cook around... But its a crockpot how hard can it really be, right???

So far I have cooked my 1/2 gallon of whole milk in the crockpot for 2 1/2 hours, now it is turned off and I am waiting for it to sit for 3 hours... 2 hours 20 minutes to go...

When I lifted the cover after the first step was complete, I noticed that the milk had became a little thicker and there was bubbling around the sides of the crock pot.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment