Thursday, July 2, 2015

Crockpot yogurt!

Hi, my name is Katrina.  For my micro class we have been asked to make a blog to go along with our fermentation project.  This is my first ever attempt, so bare with me, its gonna be an interesting ride.

I have decided to make yogurt in a crockpot! Whoever thought of this idea originally is a genius. I love how many different things you can make in a crockpot, they are so useful!! I choose to make yogurt, because I like store bought yogurt, but homemade is always better right?! So why not try it out. Plus, I love using the crockpot and learning new recipes for it.

I will be using a recipe from a lady named Debbie.  In order to make this process happen I will need:
- 8 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of store bought natural, live/active culture plain yogurt.
- Fresh/frozen fruit
- A thick bath towel
- And a 4 quart crock pot!

In a few days I will take a try at this recipe, hopefully it comes out amazing! But I never seem to get it the first time, so I'll keep you updated!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment